Humidity question

You can also wrap a towel around the incubator..so long as your not blocking the air vent. You can try that then check your temp after ai did that

You can also wrap a towel around the incubator..so long as your not blocking the air vent. You can try that then check your temp after a bit.
How funny, I actually did that this morning and it increased the temp a little, but also increased humidity. I'm now using the styrofoam insert that came with the incubator to hold the heat in better. The temperature in the middle is now up to 36.9 and the outside by the heater is 38.3. Hopefully this is adequate.

How funny, I actually did that this morning and it increased the temp a little, but also increased humidity. I'm now using the styrofoam insert that came with the incubator to hold the heat in better. The temperature in the middle is now up to 36.9 and the outside by the heater is 38.3. Hopefully this is adequate.

Attachments

• PXL_20230201_180257140.jpg
    PXL_20230201_180257140.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 1
A lot of incubators do have hot and cold spots it can be a problem but as long as it's not too hot or too cold it still will be ok. Sometimes it can cause some eggs to hatch early and some later. You can rotate eggs around to help them progress at same rate and help them hatch closer together.

When I place the hygrometer in the middle, the temperature is reading much lower (like 35.8) compared to 38.0 on the side. It seems like it's not adequately heating the eggs in the middle of the incubator. Should I increase the temp of the incubator to 38.4? It's set at 38 right now. Thanks!
When I look up that incubator online they say it is a forced air, which means it has a fan in it to keep the temperature the same throughout the incubator. It is not doing that if your measurements are right.

Have you heard from them how to adjust the humidity? For them to not include that information does not feel right.

If it were me and I had all this, I would return that incubator if you can and try another make and model. I just don't get the feeling they know much about incubating eggs.

38 C = 100.4 F
35.8 C = 96.44 F

2.2 C or 4 F difference in various places inside is unacceptable in a forced air incubator.

When I look up that incubator online they say it is a forced air, which means it has a fan in it to keep the temperature the same throughout the incubator. It is not doing that if your measurements are right.

Have you heard from them how to adjust the humidity? For them to not include that information does not feel right.

If it were me and I had all this, I would return that incubator if you can and try another make and model. I just don't get the feeling they know much about incubating eggs.

38 C = 100.4 F
35.8 C = 96.44 F

2.2 C or 4 F difference in various places inside is unacceptable in a forced air incubator.
I agree. You can tell in the short manual they sent that English is not their first language either 😂 I think I'm going to try to finish these eggs out and then ask for my money back! By the way, the temperature finally stabilized, not sure why it took so long but it's looking good now. It's been really hard getting this incubator just right and I feel like it shouldn't be this hard. If I decide to do this again, I'm definitely getting a better incubator.

they say it is a forced air, which means it has a fan in it to keep the temperature the same throughout the incubator. It is not doing that if your measurements are right.
There are not a lot of incubators out their forced air or not that do not have hot and cold spots, just some are much worse than others. You are right a fan does help tremendously but doesn't make them perfect. Even one of the most often recommended incubators on BYC the nature right 360 has cooler areas but the way it rotates the eggs they all move in and out of most of the variables inside the incubator. From what I could find online if it's the same as yours it says it has 2 fans so you would think it would be fairly even in temps. Glad to hear @KDawn02 has gotten it to stabilize. But the reviews on this incubator was 38% 1 star 18% 5 star so that's probable not a good thing. As long as you have gotten it for the most part stabilized and if you do have cooler areas and rotate eggs you should be ok as long as it holds consistent temps.

Back
Top Bottom