Humidity won’t go any higher then 31%

SharonC95

Hatching
May 24, 2020
This is my first time incubating quail eggs by myself. My dad and I did it a few times when I was younger but never got to see how he did everything. My eggs were put into my incubator on the 12th of may so I’m currently on day 12. Iv talked to my dad and Iv done as much research as I can but my humidity is staying down around 26-29 Iv done everything I can think of and I just cannot get it up past 31. Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be awesome

Do you have a hygrometer to verify the humidity or are you just using the built in one from the incubator

I’m using the built in one.

That’s probably why you think it’s not going past 30%. You should try to get a separate hygrometer, calibrate it and then verify the humidity in there. It might just read differently. I had to do that with an old incubator I had. It was stuck at 45% but when I verified it was super high like 60% or 75%.

Get a independent hygrometer to get a second opinion. As far as raising humidity, you can use small lid from a food container put a sponge in it and add water and place inside.

That’s probably why you think it’s not going past 30%. You should try to get a separate hygrometer, calibrate it and then verify the humidity in there. It might just read differently. I had to do that with an old incubator I had. It was stuck at 45% but when I verified it was super high like 60% or 75%.
Ok I’ll try that thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom