Humidity??

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
I am having to add water to my bator twice a day to keep the humidity between 40%-50%.
Is that normal to have to do that? Anyone have any experiance with this??

Last edited:
I depends on how dry your house is. If that is what it take to stay at 40-50% on days 1-18, then you are being successful =]

Marcus

Yup, it could be if your house is dry. I have already added a humidifier to a room during dry seasons here to keep the humidity proper for incubation. Be creative..add a water bowl or use both troughs or something. Anything to avoid opening twice a day. Not that it would hurt anything, but to reduce your time dealing with it.

Jody

does a hunidifier help? also I am not using both trough's and I only put a syringe(sp?) full of water in there each time. If I fill the trough up the humidity is to high.

A humidifier does help...I have had to use one the last two times I hatched cause it was winter and the house was dry...I kept it close to where my incubator was set up in the kitchen...

one way to raise humidity in your house, is to get one of those tabletop "serenity" fountains ... seems like all the stores have them, variety stores, chain drug stores, dollar stores, etc etc

a bonus, if you have cats, they prefer to drink out of running water, don't know why !

or you can put moisture-loving plants nearby or even IN the fountain ! a friend raises orchids this way

I'm thinking, running one of those near your incubator would help ...

Candy

Back
Top Bottom