Hunger Hits Home..

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Saturday April 14th..on the Food Network Channel. (i think at 8 p.m. Eastern time??)
Looks to be an interesting documentary about hunger here in our United States..

Red...I did get to watch "Hunger Hits Home" a documentary focusing on children who do not have enough food. It is amazing that in California alone there is an estimated 2.5 million children who go hungry. This was hard for me to watch and harder to understand how this can be possible in this country. It may be impossible to make sure that all kids are always healthy or even educated, but to have a child go hungry is a sin and a shame for the entire country. I hope others saw your post and were able to watch, even though it was hard to just not turn away.

I didnt watch it yet.. I will tonight. (its recorded to my DVR)
But, yes, i know.. its a SHAME how many hungry children we have right HERE in our country.. ( i know this is true just from having foster kids and some of the heartbreaking stories they have told me about not having food,.. they remember ..)

I think its going to be hard for me to watch.. seeing kids hungry... ugh.. :(
There is NO reason this should happen in our country... no reason..
I dont support many charities,.. but this is one that i trust and that i will support..

It just said that there is a billion dollars available in our capitol for these kids... but they are not using it...
Really?? :barnie

Government does not care for the hungry, there to busy stealing from all of us through tax, billion dollars worth of worthless play things , sending us off to war and for what? There are people all over starving, you will see it become an epedimic of major per portions soon. Stock up , prices will be so high for food buying will be impossible, !

Last edited:
Government is run by big business and hungry people of any age just don't matter.This is a capitalistic society,and therefore one must get a job in order to feed their own.Just how it is when it comes to living here.

Used to be people were in envy when you said you were an american,but you don't really get that so much anymore.It really is a shame that everyone with billions keeps waiting for the other person with billions to do something.No one wants to give up their cash,and so they just keep taxing the working poor to help with the burdens and it results in more poor,starving people.

Not an American but i'll have to see if it replays. I see it here too, I know friends of my kids have problems sometimes(they are upper elementary and high school) It is hard, food is costly and so is fuel. It's no easy task to feed a family these days, rising costs hit hard.

Not an American but i'll have to see if it replays. I see it here too, I know friends of my kids have problems sometimes(they are upper elementary and high school) It is hard, food is costly and so is fuel. It's no easy task to feed a family these days, rising costs hit hard.

They have it posted on the Food Network site for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom