Hurt due to Poor Communication: 45 Mins I'll Never Get Back

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Dec 6, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I was the victim of a bad cause of poor communication today. I had contacted a lady about three bourbon red turkey hens to go with my tom that she had listed on Craigslist. We had been in contact with one another since Friday morning and had plans for me to pick up one of the hens this weekend. She said she would give me a call Saturday when I could come over. So, I stayed at home all day Saturday anticipating this phone call. Nothing. Not even an email. So, I called - no answer - so I gave her a quick email to check in on her and ask when I could come over. She said yesterday evening I could come on this afternoon to get her after lunch. So, after lunch today, I got in my car, and headed to her house. When I drove up, I tapped the horn (since she had dogs) and her husband came out. He asked what he could help me with and I told him I was there to pick up my turkey. He looked at me like I was an idiot and told me that he hold sold all of them to a man a hour away on Saturday afternoon. He swore that his wife had told me, but she had not. Great!!! She never came out of the house and he never apologized.

I'm hurt mostly because she didn't have the kindness and courtesy to at least give me a call or an email to let me know they were gone. So, I used up a portion of my dear time on this Earth for nothing. I don't know about you, but I dearly treasure my time since every passing second, minute, hour, day, etc. you will never, ever get back. It's gone forever. I could have been using that time for something else, such as spending time with my family or doing some housework. Instead, I used that 45 minutes of my life for nothing and it's gone. Goodbye.

The point is.... please, if you have something listed for sale, and tell somebody they can come get it at said time on said date, then you should abide by that verbal agreement. If something does come up (even by poor communication between spouses) please let the person on the other end know. Life is short, folks. Let's not waste it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yep...a little courtesy goes a long way. Sorry 'bout the wasted time and the disappointment. [​IMG] They were some very inconsiderate folks!

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Oh, that's so rotten! I agree with you about treasuring every second, minute and hour of the day-so sorry this happened to you!! [​IMG]

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    If I could have all the time back, which I have wasted, I'd probably be like, 5 years old.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by