Hurt goose, can't walk

dmims8

Hatching
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 23, 2013
My goose was attacked by a dog. The dog grabbed the goose around the middle and just held it. No violent shaking, I got water hose sprayed dog and he dropped goose which ran into a fence and then I picked him up. He is very tame and i have picked him up before. His back leg is sticking straight out and it will not move. His other leg will move but he can't stand. There are no visible signs of injury, no tooth marks or puncture wounds. I have kept him quite for the last couple of days with no change. He will eat and drink if i put food and water in front of him. i hope someone knows what might have happened. I can't have a paralized goose that needs constant care to survive.

Sounds like a broken leg. A visit to the vet would be best. He can do a quick xray and hopefully set his leg to begin proper healing.

He is eating well and the legs will move around a bit but he will not stand and does not swim when put in the water. Legs have no swelling or abnormalities. Not sure I have a vet that will look at this goose but will check and see. He seems to be in no pain at all. Very weird.

If the goose was grabbed around the middle it could have hit a nerve, which might be the reason your not seeing walking or swimming. I would keep doing water therapy though it will help take pressure off the legs and back and the warm water has a healing affect. maybe do some massage while in the water also.

Thanks for all the emails but he died yesterday.
I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom