Hurt leg!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Daisygirl, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    Please help first time any of my girls have gotten injured, not sure what is wrong. Se was limping badly when I went out to feed her, and when I checked her leg she didnt seem bothered, despite me looking at the underside of her foot which usually ticks all of them off.

I was holding my chook when one of the builders over the fence made a huge, sudden noise and the chook got scared. She pushed off me and fell on her side, and looked like she was fine. But when I came back ten minutes later, she was limping badly and looked like she was in pain; could it have been the fall that did this? She could have also tripped over a rope which is lying around.

Please, can anyone give anything to tell me what to do? I have her in a small cat cage in my room so that shes not moving and is away from the other girls, and I have put a towel over the cage, and she has stopped talking so I think she may have gone to sleep. I am planning on feeding her some lettuce and rolled oats with water and yogurt in about an hour. I am also going to call the vet, and see what they have to say. Is there anything else I should do?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by