HUSKIES killed my chickens

That depends on the local laws. If there is no livestock laws and no leash laws they might be just faced with paying court costs. If they have one, the other, or both it should be a slam dunk.
No matter what the leash and livestock laws are, if you are responsible for the loss of someone's property you are legally liable for that loss.

My experience was My mother cute sheltie dog on a chain in the backyard by the porch to go potty a husky came into the yard and chew the sheltie up . The vet said if it wasnt for the sheltie long hair it would of been killed. Husky own by a policeman who trained it to kill other dogs. My mother sued for the vet bills and cost of the lawyer. She won her case in court. The court would not make him get rid of the dog. However his House insurance company told him get rid of the dog or lose his house insurance. So the owner got rid of the dog. During this time the dog had killed another puppy that a little girl was walking on a leash.

The husky owner needs to pay for the cost of replacing your chickens. I would price them out as what it would cost you to buy point of lay hens not day old chicks. Send it certified mail. Do not assume they they won't pay. If they do not repsond with payment do seek a lawyer advise.

I have golden retrievers , my one dog did eat an aggressive cockerel that was mixed in with the pullets that we bought. I yelled at her and she never ate another live chicken again. But I was glad she got rid on the mean cockerel for me. Dogs can be taught to leave the chickens along even when they know they are yummy. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom