Hybrid

I'll get a better picture when I take her out. I never know whether to wait 12/24/48 hours!! There are some ayam eggs in there too and one has just pipped.
You can take her out if she is dry when another chick has hatched. Best to take them out two at a time so they have company. Do it as the third is hatching, as the humidty will naturally go up at that time. Do it quickly so as not to disturb the other eggs. šŸ˜Š

You can take her out if she is dry when another chick has hatched. Best to take them out two at a time so they have company. Do it as the third is hatching, as the humidty will naturally go up at that time. Do it quickly so as not to disturb the other eggs. šŸ˜Š
Thank you. I'll wait for the ayam to hatch. Nothing else has pipped but then again they aren't due until tomorrow.

Another quick Q... In another incubator I had two white stars pip about 24 hours ago. One hatched quickly, the other has it's beak sticking out of the pip hole and is alive but hasn't progressed since? Is it stuck?

Thank you. I'll wait for the ayam to hatch. Nothing else has pipped but then again they aren't due until tomorrow.

Another quick Q... In another incubator I had two white stars pip about 24 hours ago. One hatched quickly, the other has it's beak sticking out of the pip hole and is alive but hasn't progressed since? Is it stuck?
Has it been 24 hours? Is it clicking it's beak?

In all honesty I can't remember. I have more than one incubator on but I am 99% sure it pipped yesterday rather than today and no progress since. Is "clicking" a thing? If it means opening/closing as in breathing then yup
That is a good sign! I would leave it be for a while, keep a close eye. They usually figure it out. I have intervened when it has been well over 24 hours and if you seen no sign of progression.

Back
Top Bottom