hybridization

Mazhar Awan

Chirping
Sep 29, 2017
may we get red jungle fowl by hybridizing these male red jungle fowl with this english female. if we agian back cross f2 generation female with p1male, and then f3 female again with p1 male

Attachments

• IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    602.3 KB · Views: 9
I'm a little confused with your question

If the f3 female was related to the p1 male, do not breed together- that's inbreeding and can cause health issues- also it's not humane.

If you hybridize a jungle fowl x a domestic bird, you are not creating red jungle fowl- you are creating a jungle fowl HYBRID which has less jungle fowl genetics.

If the f3 female was related to the p1 male, do not breed together- that's inbreeding and can cause health issues- also it's not humane.
Actually it's very humane. Inbreeding does not have the effects in chickens that it does in mammals. I wrote a whole article about it if you would like to read it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/inbreeding-not-as-bad-as-it-may-seem.74335/

No, backcrossing will not get you pure red junglefowl, you can never have truly pure junglefowl again, even though they will resemble them. Not that it really matters, most likely your junglefowl will have domestic blood anyways, since almost all junglefowl populations do.

I'm a little confused with your question

If you hybridize a jungle fowl x a domestic bird, you are not creating red jungle fowl- you are creating a jungle fowl HYBRID which has less jungle fowl genetics.
thank you,
actually i had crossed rjf male with enghlish game female as mentioned in picture, had got a female with almost 70 % similar phenotypic features like rjf female, now i want a generation which is similar more to rjf, i want flight character in final generation, and disease resistance, so now want back cross of f2 female with p1 , may i will get more similarities in BC 1 to rjf or nor, i want rjf acutaly

thank you,
actually i had crossed rjf male with enghlish game female as mentioned in picture, had got a female with almost 70 % similar phenotypic features like rjf female, now i want a generation which is similar more to rjf, i want flight character in final generation, and disease resistance, so now want back cross of f2 female with p1 , may i will get more similarities in BC 1 to rjf or nor, i want rjf acutaly
Even though your rooster might look like a red junglefowl, it is not a pure red junglefowl. So, your backcrossings will produce chickens that look like your rooster. Like what the others have said, if you had a pure rjf, you cannot produce more pure rjf by crossing with a chicken. The only thing you'll get are chickens that look like rjf.

Back
Top Bottom