1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

hydrometer and thermometers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsengeseth, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. I know many people get these at walmart...

    that part makes sense to me....

    what i can't figure out is where in walmart. I have asked workers there for these things and been looked at like i had two heads.

    garden department?

    Also, what brands specifically am i looking for??
  2. andehens

    andehens Songster

    Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I bought a digital Acurite Indoor Humidity Monitor yesterday at Walmart for $7.97, they were next to evaporative cooler parts and supplies and other minor plumbing supplies, it also registers temperature. There were some other thermometers in same spot.
  3. Tuffoldhen

    Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

    Jan 30, 2007
    The hygrometers/thermometers I've found in the garden section..There are accurites and springfields..The thermometers with the probes are in the cooking section, they don't have the humidity part. I always use the thermometer/hygrometers since I don't use the water wigglers that need a probe attached. Water wigglers are a cheap kids squishy toy filled with water that can be used with the probe to simulate what the the temp inside the egg should be...

    Other hardware stores you can find the Taylor brand but my Accurites and Springfields work just as good for me.. I have a Taylor I don't use...
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: