Hydroponics

Must Be Losing It

Lost It
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Uxbridge MA
Have any of you ever dabbled into hydroponics?

I'd be curious to hear your experiences. My husband and I visited a store that specializes in organic fertilizers and pesticides and hydroponics yesterday and we're considering dabbling a bit in it. But would love to hear from others who may have looked into this or are actively involved on the pros and cons.

Julie

It's the most efficient way to grow plants, but the supplies can be expensive and it takes a lot of work/time.

When I was in school I did hydroponics vs. conventional (dirt) methods, as a science experiment.
I went to a very competitive school
lau.gif

That same year a boy built a 20' x 7' multi level water purifier ---- on wheels, so he could bring it to school.
gig.gif

I broke down the growth patterns of different types of plants grown in the 2 different substrates - sterilized potting soil and perlite.
All the plants grew faster in the perlite. I fed them the same liquid fertilizer. And I had 2 control groups that were fed with tap water. The hydroponic control group still grew faster and bloomed sooner.

I have to say I think vegetables taste better in the ground, I know there's lots of benefits to hydroponics but my taste buds tell me different....

Very interesting info. From what I can find and the info above supports as well the plans grow exceptionally well w/ fewer in no pests/fungal problems.

Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom