hygrometer problems

6mutts

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
St. Clair, MO
mine has read 20% for the last week, and i know thats not right because no matter how many sponges and cups of water i add, it NEVER goes up. I tried taking the batteries out and re installing them to reset it, but it didn't do anything, i am going to try sticking it in a hot shower and see if it shoots ups. Any other ideaas?

You can calibrate it. Put it in a ziploc baggie. Get a small bowl with a mix of salt and water, make it look like very wet sand. Leave it in there for at least 8 hours. It should read 75%. If it doesn't and still reads 20% I would get another hygrometer.

Quote:
Maybe its a bad one. Those are the only ones I use to from Wal-mart. I've had no problems.

I have a 30.00 one sitting in a draw that I can't get to work right to save me!!! lol

well i made a ssalt/water mixture and stuck the hygrometer in a ziplock and kind of buried it in there. Been in there for about 6 hours and it reads 42%. Normal or no?

It should read 75% after at least 8 hours in there. It would probably be best to leave it in the baggie overnight. It is not in the mixture is it? Kind of scary the way you have that worded!

I also have 2 of the $6 cheapos from walmart, and they are the most accurate ones I have.

Back
Top Bottom