I’m a Chicken Momma…what kind of ducks are these?

MarthaPlus8

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
NH
A friend of a friend needed a new home for their 9ish week old ducks… what kind are they? Male/Female?

I currently have 2 ducks 9 weeks (female) and 8 chickens 2 years old (female) and 8 chicks 12 weeks old (female) hopefully they all live harmoniously together.

Currently the chicks and ducks live in one coop and the 8 chickens live in another. We added the two new ducks to the duck and chick coop.

They all roam the yard together and seem happy to do so, keeping their distance from one another most of the time. When and how can I put them all into the one big coop?

Attachments

• A91B4CBA-6481-4D1F-87DB-C73310E7C87B.jpeg
    A91B4CBA-6481-4D1F-87DB-C73310E7C87B.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 18
They look like Pekins except their bills look light so might be white layers. You could try them all together to see how they all do together. My ducks and chickens share one coop. My chickens roost ducks on the floor. Only no problem I see could be your older hens pecking the young ducks. Hens can be pretty mean when they want to be.

They look like Pekins except their bills look light so might be white layers. You could try them all together to see how they all do together. My ducks and chickens share one coop. My chickens roost ducks on the floor. Only no problem I see could be your older hens pecking the young ducks. Hens can be pretty mean when they want to be.
I totally agree

Back
Top Bottom