I’m new here 😊

hi I am new to this community as well as new to rasing chickens! So excited to join the community😊

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband is a kindergarten teacher and this year they decided as a grade to raise chickens from eggs in the class room as a project. Despite very clearly stating I was not into keeping the little fluffy balls, we both fell in love with them and have decided to keep 11 of the little girls.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
11, we wanted 10 but can’t count and got a bonus chick math is hard…..

(3) What breeds do you have?
Totally unsure, hoping to post pics and see what the community thinks they are.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love how good of pets they are, I didn’t expect that they would be so interactive!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We have 3 kindergarteners and both work. So not a lot of time for hobbies 😊 we also like to build things and do DIY projects.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a social worker and my husband is a teacher. We have 3 sons in kindergarten 1 cats and a dog 😊

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :Do
I found BYC looking for advice on caring for one of our little girls that had a crop injury at 1 day old. I was able to care for her with advice found here and she is doing great abs almost totally healed.
WELCOME!!!!!!!! glad to have you

Back
Top Bottom