I’m trying to figure out what my handsome boy is. Help!?

She’s a beauty and so is he. I’m excited! If this go isn’t successful, early spring I’m going to try out an incubator. She’s hatched off 6 chicks successfully earlier this summer by our White Rock*. But none since and she hasn’t seemed interested since. I was under the impression she wouldn’t hatch her own eggs, I ordered the incubator but by the time it got here she was already around 20 days in and sitting on them almost always. 4 where duds, but 6 hatched. Haven’t caught her sitting on her eggs again until now.

Attachments

• 34B17243-C9CF-4E2F-9B7A-F9F2252D43FE.jpeg
    34B17243-C9CF-4E2F-9B7A-F9F2252D43FE.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 5
  • 1E301571-F609-4DA7-91AC-E695ED816F41.jpeg
    1E301571-F609-4DA7-91AC-E695ED816F41.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
She’s a beauty and so is he. I’m excited! If this go isn’t successful, early spring I’m going to try out an incubator. She’s hatched off 6 chicks successfully earlier this summer by our White Rock*. But none since and she hasn’t seemed interested since. I was under the impression she wouldn’t hatch her own eggs, I ordered the incubator but by the time it got here she was already around 20 days in and sitting on them almost always. 4 where duds, but 6 hatched. Haven’t caught her sitting on her eggs again until now.
She’s a cutie!

Since he’s a crossed the sex link might not work since background is unknown
None of the chicks from this breeding will be sex links. That would be true if he were a purebred Australorp. The only easy way to get sex linked offspring from him would be to breed him to a barred hen.

The first post in this thread describes the different kinds of sex links, how they work, and what crosses result in the best down color to be sure of sexing.

www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sex-linked-information.261208/

None of the chicks from this breeding will be sex links. That would be true if he were a purebred Australorp. The only easy way to get sex linked offspring from him would be to breed him to a barred hen.

The first post in this thread describes the different kinds of sex links, how they work, and what crosses result in the best down color to be sure of sexing.

I already said that. Thanks

Thanks, I'll have a read of that. It sounds quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom