I am 36 and my parents are still driving me out of my ever loving mind. ( bitter rant)

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
Woke up at 4 am with the baby. Sat with her, picked up, gave her breakfast, started my cleaning.....you get the picture. Walk into my parents living room at 7am and my dad is fussing because I sleep in every morning. 4 am is not sleeping in dang it. So my sister who works has the day off. Is she here taking care of the multiple horses she dumped on us. No, she is dressed up and going to enjoy her day off. I made a flip comment that " yay its a holiday, I am taking the day off". I was just informed I take every day off. Taking care of 4 kids, homeschooling, cooking and cleaning for 8. None of that counts apparently. I get every day off because I do not make any money. My husband makes the money and I have every day off.

I get so very tired of this. He pulled this crap when my mom raised us too. Told her she sat at home all day sucking her thumb. Considering he never lifted a finger once he left his job, I wonder how he thought everything got done. He has pretty high standards and everything has to be spotless. Every meal has to be a big deal. No soup and sandwiches for us. Its pot roast with all the extras on a Thursday.

Gah I am so sick of this, I swear I think I may make up something to do and just leave the house today. I am sure the kids would love a fieldtrip. The laundry, the cleaning, and the food can wait.

Take the kids and go - sounds as if you need a break. Realistically, sadly, living at home with 'Mom and Dad' is a difficult situation. I know that for my kids to move back here with their kids would be tough - I'd work at making it work, but it would be tough. Your Dad is not going to change (I know, I'm a Dad.
old.gif
) It's just his nature and that's the way it's gonna be. We're a pain like that. Periodically take a little space for yourself as needed, and hopefully your situation will resolve.

The temptation to move back into our house instead of selling it is huge this morning. I know they need us here but AHHHH. Got the kids busy doing their school work and escaping this afternoon. Focusing this morning on maybe a 2 day vacation. Its not much but can't be gone much longer than that right now. The smokies are nashville are sounding pretty tempting this morning.

The temptation to move back into our house instead of selling it is huge this morning. I know they need us here but AHHHH. Got the kids busy doing their school work and escaping this afternoon. Focusing this morning on maybe a 2 day vacation. Its not much but can't be gone much longer than that right now. The smokies are nashville are sounding pretty tempting this morning.

Do it!

hugs.gif

You don't need that aggravation. Nobody does. It sounds like you need to leave for your own sanity. Now is not a good time to try to sell a house anyway. A wise social worker once told me you can't take care of anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. If your parents need help they need to make other arrangements.

I saw a funny segment on Dr. Phil once. At least I thought it was funny. This man thought his wife spent the day watching TV and eating bon bons. Mind you she had three little kids. Hubby figured running the house was a snap and that he could do it a lot better than his wife. So Dr. Phil gave him a chance to prove it. He sent the wife off to a spa for a few days and hubby was left with running the house and taking care of the kids. Let's just say hubby had a real attitude adjustment and he was real happy when his wife returned and he could go back to work and rest up.

Dad sounds like he can be a chauvinist at times...
Bad Dad!
smack.gif

Just hang on... your house will sell, and you'll get your dream...
fl.gif
hugs.gif

My mom sent me this joke:

Husband comes home from work and sees the kids playing in the mud in their pajamas. "where's your mom?" he asked. "In bed!"
He walks into the house. Toys are strewn all over the floor. Cereal and milk cover the table and trail through the house. The dog is chewing on the furniture.
He is starting to get really worried. He dodges laundry on the stairs and rushes to the bedroom. He bursts through the door "Are you ok???" he asks her.
She looks up from her book, "I'm fine, why?"
"But the mess and the kids....."
"Oh that. You know how you always ask me what I did today?"
"Yes" he says.
"Well today I didn't do it....."

I am better tonight. Today was just very rough. Well every day is rough but usually I am a bit more patient about it. I have the entire family making these comments and trying to dump their children and everything else on me the last few and I was just exhausted.

My mom watched 2 of the kids, while i took one dd to ballet and the other shopping with me at goodwill. I love goodwill. I can buy a dozen books and still not spend over $10. Guilt free shopping I swear. I got 2 lovely hours just me and the baby. They wonder why I refuse a cell phone. This is why. At least when I do escape they cannot get me until I willingly come back. My husband was great and met us as the ballet studio so I even got a bit of time to talk with him semi alone. YAY

Thanks for listening guys. I am doing what I need to do but some days its just more than I can handle without blowing up. Today was one of those.

Back
Top Bottom