I am a new member of BYC

Luciano

Hatching
Apr 5, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
HI, my name is Lucian, I live in Transylvania, Romania and I am a new member of BYC community. I started raising chickens last year (2019), after reading the most interesting book "Raising chickens for ...". I had last year 20 chickens (mixed breeds: meat and eggs) and out them, I kept 5 hens, very good layers eggs.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Two weeks ago I bought a new lot of 23 one-day chicks. They are just beautiful!

(3) What breeds do you have?
The new chicks are Wyandotte, Brahma and a local breed.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
It is a new activity for me which makes me read a lot, find solutions for the daily problems, watch the chicks grow and get strong. I try to find the best recipes for their fodder, mainly from the local production of cereals. The open air activity with the chickens is relaxing me and making me happy.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
As I worked for many years in the meat industry, I like making home tasty pork sausages, fresh and smoked, salted and smoked meats etc.
My main hobby is reading books from the classic authors as well as SF novels.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live happily with my wife and and my mother-in-law 😊 in an old Transylvanian village, near Fagaras mountains, where old traditions are still kept and people enjoy the natural food. Since last year I am pensioner and we decided to leave Bucharest, too busy, crowded and noisy for our new position. Both myself and my wife are economists and we both worked in the meat industry all our life.
My pets are two clever and loving cats and I intend to get a smart shepherd mountain dog.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found the site in the a/m book. I decided to join your community in order to find answers to my daily activity with the chickens. I feel that I have a lot to learn from you and that I will have an open door for my questions.

Back
Top Bottom