I am already planning my 3rd coop and we just started building

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicks4MyFamily, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    the second one...I think I am addicted [​IMG]

2. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. Go for it. I have 5 pens and going to build 4 more in the next couple of months. [​IMG]

3. auto5man

auto5man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    Memphis
    Glad I'm not the only one, was embarassed to admit but I have company now. It's a long story, but I have three. 4x6 in progress, 3x4 open air sort of a multi-level on wheels, and a 3x3 which the birds are currently roosting in (not laying yet) at night and free-ranging during the day.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  4. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    It's addicting all right.

We wanted some chickens this spring for eggs, just a few, maybe 4-6? We had a 10' x 10' shed to convert.

I ordered 8 chicks just in case we lost one or two or had one turn out to be a rooster (we did lose one chick).

Then I saw a great deal on a tractor with two laying hens on craigslist, had to get it.

Then someone offered me 5 pullets that lay dark eggs, couldn't refuse and rehabbed an old turkey pen out back to put them in.

Then one of our neighbor's sexed pullets turned out to be a cockerel they didn't want to keep.

Now the same place I got the 5 dark egg layers from has offered me a cockerel to match.

So in the span of 6 months I went from maybe wanting 4-6 layers to having 16 chickens and 3 pens.

I'm ready for chickens anonymous! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by