1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am at Day 25 with my eggs !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well it feels like it has been forever waiting for these eggs to get to this point. I am hopeing by this weekend to have 3 little "muttducks" from my own flock. I will stop turning them tonight add as much water as needed and cross my fingers and sit on my hands - and try not to fog up the windows breathing on them while my face is hovering above the bator.

I think I have everything I need in the spare room - there is a computer in there, I have my camera, I have towels, the brooder set up, the potty is just down the hall ( so i dont have to go far [​IMG] ) - blankets and pillows for me - snaks anything else I need?

I am so nervous - about this - I have been reading all the other posts about hatching eggs and think I can do this [​IMG]

wish me luck - I am going to need it

Julie

2. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Good Luck.....[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Crazy4GameCocks

Crazy4GameCocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    good luck sis just keep your self busy and u wont think about it I did and when I can inside to get a drink and that is when i heard them peeping and running in the bator so I did it u can do it I got faith in you love ya Wish u the best sis

4. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Deep breath and repeat after me.....

Do NOT open the incubator, Do NOT open the incubator, Do NOT open the incubator! You will do fine. BUT do NOT open the incubator. [​IMG]

5. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    ok last night during the last turning of the eggs I took the time to put in a fresh shelf liner, add water to the wells, I have a dish with water in it but was afraid the baby's would somehow get in there and drown so I took a washcloth rolled it up and put it in there to soak up the water and help keep the humidity up. I also candled them one last time - and all three were moving in there - the air cells look great - one of the ducks has a larger cell then then the others but he was still wiggling in there, two of the cells are not right at the end put kinda off center a little not bad just not perfectly at the end - I think they will be fine though.

Day 26 today -- I woke up and took a look in the bator to check the temp and stare at my eggs ( DID NOT open the bator ) LOL - this is going to be the longest weekend of my life [​IMG]

oh well I can either [​IMG] and watch them or [​IMG] to not to think about it ( yea right)

Julie

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck!

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good luck!! I got the first babies from Whitey my big Pekin girl, looks like she did the deed with the Mallard,,,, they are black and yellow!!

8. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    aww how cute they must be - these babies are going to mixs also - so I really cant wait to see what they look like -- [​IMG] the waiting is awful --

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good luck! I am on day 28 with my geese eggs so maybe we both will have a successful weekend hatch!

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Coffee you forgot coffee! This is gonna be a long weekend for you!!! [​IMG] Best of luck to you and the babies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by