I am at Day 25 with my eggs !!

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
well it feels like it has been forever waiting for these eggs to get to this point. I am hopeing by this weekend to have 3 little "muttducks" from my own flock. I will stop turning them tonight add as much water as needed and cross my fingers and sit on my hands - and try not to fog up the windows breathing on them while my face is hovering above the bator.

I think I have everything I need in the spare room - there is a computer in there, I have my camera, I have towels, the brooder set up, the potty is just down the hall ( so i dont have to go far
wink.png
) - blankets and pillows for me - snaks anything else I need?

I am so nervous - about this - I have been reading all the other posts about hatching eggs and think I can do this
fl.gif

wish me luck - I am going to need it

Julie

good luck sis just keep your self busy and u wont think about it I did and when I can inside to get a drink and that is when i heard them peeping and running in the bator so I did it u can do it I got faith in you love ya Wish u the best sis

ok last night during the last turning of the eggs I took the time to put in a fresh shelf liner, add water to the wells, I have a dish with water in it but was afraid the baby's would somehow get in there and drown so I took a washcloth rolled it up and put it in there to soak up the water and help keep the humidity up. I also candled them one last time - and all three were moving in there - the air cells look great - one of the ducks has a larger cell then then the others but he was still wiggling in there, two of the cells are not right at the end put kinda off center a little not bad just not perfectly at the end - I think they will be fine though.

Day 26 today -- I woke up and took a look in the bator to check the temp and stare at my eggs ( DID NOT open the bator ) LOL - this is going to be the longest weekend of my life
th.gif

oh well I can either
pop.gif
and watch them or
caf.gif
to not to think about it ( yea right)

Julie

Last edited:
aww how cute they must be - these babies are going to mixs also - so I really cant wait to see what they look like --
barnie.gif
the waiting is awful --

Back
Top Bottom