I am Fluffy2 and am a new chicken owner!

Fluffy2

Chirping
8 Years
May 21, 2011
SF East Bay, CA
Hi All!
We have 4 girls who are now outside and getting big faster than I can believe. We are city dwellers with a pretty big back yard for a tract home, so have been letting them out during the day and they put themselves back inside at dusk. WHO KNEW???????? I sure would have saved alot of energy on doggie classes over the years if I knew chickens are so easy. I am hoping I am not just about to be blindsided by something I don't know. So, I will have alot of questions and will start reading. Oh, I am in the SF Bay Area and found this site when I Googled Chickens at the Alameda County Fair. Hope to go next month and learn alot. Trying to find out what days the chickens are there. We have a small-ish Ware brand coop that they seem to like well enough but I also have an old greenhouse next to it that is just storage now and may try to open a side and hook it onto the coop somehow. Dunno. Just thinking as I see the sky seems to be the limit as far as what a Coop is!
Thanks! Fluffy2

welcome-byc.gif
Cute username!!!

IMP,
Thanks! and I hope that is a real door mat I can purchase because this morning I stepped out back and there was POOP! They must have been looking inside the glass slider door!!! I didn't think they would come this far from the coop, and I didn't know the poop was so sticky. Had to scrape it off the concrete, would not hose off as I "THOUGHT" it would. In Theory!! ha ha

Thank you, Everyone! What a nice community! My husband and I have 2 grown sons and now 4 little girls!
1 gold sex linked named Goldie Henn and the biggest of the group.
1 white one I forget breed, named Fluffy Omlette
1 all black one ...no name yet
1 Barred Rock ...no name yet. Maybe Mikey cuz she eats everything that seems inedible.

My husband just put them in coop for night and said he swears he heard a rooster cock a doodle doo......uh oh. how old before we know? there could not be a mistake with the sex linked could there? I think she really looks like a rooster but not supposed to be ...... still a newbie!!
thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom