I am in lockdown. So excited.

newduckie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 9, 2009
Missouri Ozarks
I put my 5 duck eggs on lockdown tonight. Three of the five look like they have broken into the air sack. Does this mean they will be earlier? They are all moving but the ones in the air sack are really moving. They are not really due till Sunday but since they were into the sack, I went ahead a day earlier. I filled all chambers with water, put three small containers of water under the screen and then I soaked two kotex in water and layed it in there. Hope for the humidity. Kotex really swell up with soaked... lol.Hopefully will post pictures in a few days.

Good luck with the ducklings. Last hatch I had...the first duckling to pip was 24 hours before the other and ended up hatching 4th.. Sometimes these ones will be first to hatch...sometimes they may be quick to pip but slower to actually hatch.

Have you measured the humidity levels at all? It sounds like you will have enough...but maybe too much with all that extra water in there.

I just got home from work and checked the humidity. It was 75%. Is this to much? I got really worried and took off the lid quickly and took out a pad. Temp is very steady at 100. Is the humidity to high? Please help. I picked up the eggs very quickly and was going to look with the flashlight without tipping them in any way. I didnt need the flashlight. I heard a peep and they all are rocking a bit. So they are all 5 still ok. What humidity should I shoot for?

I was calmly sitting on the computer and I heard a cheep... I have a pip........ seems to be resting now tho. all is quiet again. I called all my sisters and told them.. I am super excited.

Back
Top Bottom