1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i am new to this site but not to chickens.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RaptorChicken, Jul 25, 2016.

1. RaptorChicken

RaptorChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2016
    OK I just got an account today but I habe some questions I have been dieing to ask.[​IMG] What breed is this? I know she is part glw but just look at this egg she laid.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I am not 100% sure on the breed of chicken you have there. You can post pictures in our What Breed and Gender section for more help from the egg-sperts there... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

As for the egg she just laid, rough eggs can stem from dehydration, lack of proper nutrients, ailments such as bacterial or viral infections, internal worms can effect the egg shell quality. Here is an article that might help you out... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems

However, hens will occasionally lay a funky egg. As long as it does not become a habit, it isn't much to worry about.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock! :)

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. cukuriku

cukuriku Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Welcome! [​IMG] Enjoy the friendly and helpful community, it's really a pleasure to have you! Have much success with your questions and your flock!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

6. RaptorChicken

RaptorChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2016
    Thanks.and btw she lays those eggs every day so I will see what is up with that. I will ask her.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by