I am on day 16 - this is taking forever LOL

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy4Chicks, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well 16 days down and 11 more to go !! these ducks better be cute to make this wait worth it LOL

I candle them every other night - just because it is so darn cool ! and they were very active but the past few days they are not moving as much but they are growing and they are moving alittle - is that normal for them to not be so active - it is not like they are running out of room yet.
    I can see a nice air cell in each egg, nice looking veins, but I swear I see two things moving in there - what am I seeing? these are not double yokers so I know there is only one baby - but I cant really make out what I am looking at- and since this is my first time - I am clueless [​IMG] but I am very happy that of the 5 eggs I have 2 babies growing in there. and one of these eggs was in the frig for a few days before I went into the bator - so that is pretty cool

so when do I stop turning duck eggs ? if all goes well they should be hatching March-19 [​IMG]

Julie

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good luck! I'll check your post when I get from Albq to see how it's going.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    you are going to Albq -- aww lucky you - I never seem to get out of clovis LOL

to bad you could not swing over this way LOL

have a fun trip

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by