I am on day 5.

Quyen Le

Songster
7 Years
Jul 9, 2012
I got some eggs that has been in the fridge for 3 days and put them in a little giant incubator. I put them in on the 7th so I am on day 5. I check them today, one has a dot, some has blood vents and others, just a shade (of the yoke?). Is it to early to tell? I am new on this, so please help me to know if which on is good or bad, thanks.

They should never go in the fridge so that in itself is bad...

he.gif

I wonder if when I can take away non developing eggs? What are the signs of them?

Check today and more develope blood vents, some really hard to see. Will update later.

Day 7 now and I get close to 60% with good signs. 1 blood ring and the rest don't develop. I wonder if it's too early to discard the bad one?

Day 8 now and I decide to pull non developing ones. among the good ones, there are 2 I am not sure, may be they are no good but I just keep them in there for couple more days.
Looking for an egg turner schematic but could not find a good one. I am planning to build one myself the following week.

At least you've got 1 pip! From what I've read from people hatching refrigerated eggs, one of the most important things is to bring them to room temp without letting them sweat. I think if they sweat, it allows bacteria to penetrate the shell. Good luck, hopefully you'll have a baby soon!

Back
Top Bottom