1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am one sore person.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ridgefire, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    To give my friends here an update as to why I have been missing.

I have been having problems with my gall bladder. I spent last weekend admitted to the hospital for pain control and Thursday I went under the knife to have it removed. Well when the surgeon went in he found a lot more than just a bad gall bladder.
    I had some damage to my liver that was bleeding into my abdomen which had to be repaired, he also found part of my intestine was starting to twist on itself and would have eventually caused a blockage. So he fixed that as well. Thank goodness I have one of the best surgeons out there. I will say though my 30 minute surgery turned into an hour and a half on the table. I am now out of the hospital and trying to take it very easy at home. But when you have chickens to take care of nothing is easy.

Well I hope to try and check into chat later, but I will see how I am feeling.

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    At least the surgeon was able to catch it all and fix the problems!! That sounds like a lot to go thru.

Hope you are back to normal and feeling great soon!

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Wow, thank God you're all right!!! Those sound like serious problems!!!! Keep us posted and assign someone else to chicken duty (if someone else is available) so u can heal up!!! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, Thats a lot to go through! Glad your surgeon was thorough. Get as much rest as you can...no need for relaps...or letting infection in. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

5. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Oh, wow. I know exactly what you're going through. I had my gallbladder out in August then got a bowel obstruction while recovering. The obstruction was the most painful thing I've ever been through and it was three days in the hospital before I could even take a deep breath.

You will get better!

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    And to think I've been complaining about a bad earache all day...

kind of puts things into perspective.

Get well soon.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow that is alot on your plate! Get well soon!

8. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

That sounds quite painful!

Hope you are feeling a lot better now that they have corrected all of those problems!

9. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Mike,

Im happy to hear your surgery, although worse than expected, was a success. When you are feeling up to it come on by chat [​IMG]

10. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Thank God you got those problems sorted out.

Take good care of yourself and try to get some rest as and when it is possible.

Jena

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by