I am really hating the Air-accuda this year.

They are terrible this year i live in a city of 225k and they are everywhere i seen one scoop down in rush hour traffic and take a squirel right off the sidewalk then yesterday i was outside in the yard with the girls and one of the dogs letting them free range a bit a hawk swooped down crashed into my garage trying to get one of my girls i was no more than 10 feet away it was lucky it got up quick cause the dog was going after it

Last edited:
Quote:
There are 5 owners on this block with chickens- these aren't all my losses! My birds are in a covered run now.

Quote:
Yes- at the farm I have about a hundred birds in 15 covered runs. Funny thing is, there has never been a loss in the area to a hawk, even of folks who free-range. The losses are foxes, raccoons, etc. It's my backyard in town where I've suffered hawk losses, and this year it's more than one. It's a big yard, completely covered by huge trees...and apparently the hawks are hungry enough to visit this area despite the heavy dog population and whatnot. I hear someone in the area hit one with their pellet gun when trying to scare it...to no response I understand.

Alas. It's a rough year on these hawks. It's not thick around here with bunnies the way it usually is.

We hear the crows and jays go bonkers around here, and I always know there's another in the area. *sigh*

My girls don't get to go out unless I am out with them, they have a covered run, and enough room, but I still feel bad for them. Last Saturday I was hanging out with them and they bolted for cover, so I looked up and there was an all white under carriage of a hawk going over, I know my 'reds' and they have markings, the only one I could find in the bird book was a Northern goshawk. Never seen one in Va before, hope it's on its way to somewhere else. This is the most hawks I ever rememeber seeing. UGH.
On the plus side they are making a dent in my squirrell population

Back
Top Bottom