I am selling my ducks..

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
I really dont want to but they are attacking my chickens and i just want my boys to go somewhere with a lot of girls.
hit.gif
I really wish i had room for a few female ducks but i just dont and i want my boys to be happy so i guess my only choice is to sell them.
hmm.png

I already have two offers on them but one only has one female duck and the other wants to take them all for $10 and she has 7 female ducks... Is $10 a fair price for them? I was thinking i at least want $12 for them all.. and i dont know if i should sell their big duck pond too or just keep it and use it for a possible brooder or something?

So you have 3 drakes you want to sell, is that right? Start an auctin in the BSA area, you can list it as Buy It Now (BIN) if you want.

How old are they and what breed? Are you willing to split them up? If so, I'd say sell one to the first offer and the other 2 to the second offer.

Quote:
The fawn and white runner is a little over a year and my 2 welsh harlequins are a little under. I really dont want to split them up because they are all very attached to one another.. I think i will just take the offer with 7 hens and she said she would pay $12 for all of them.

I sure wouldn't take that little for them...first of all, I think they should bring a considerable amount more if they are purebred ducks, and second, that sounds like a price someone would want to pay to process them. I guess the best question to ask is how well you know this person, because the price offered does not sound good to me. If she's a stranger, tell her to forget it, IMO...

Extra drakes can be listed on craigslist over and over again and never sell. If this is a person you know and she will take good care of the ducks, I would just sell them to her.

Why not take them to a show and get more money for them from someone who wants standard breds? And could probably give them a reputable home...

I think it's difficult to put a price on them. Isn't it a shame that we pay so little for such dear little members of our family?

I live in Minnesota. On Craigslist, that many ducks (pure bred, drakes, and that age) would sell for about twice that much.

If it isn't about the money, I'd just make sure they go to a home that you think would be best for them.

Good luck.

I would split them up,one to the lady with one hen and the other 2 for the lady with 10 hens.
Just think the one lonley hen will finally not be alone.....

I had an add on CL for my 2 drakes and they were at their new home within the week. And I would split them up, they may seem attached to eachother but I'm willing to bet they'd be much happier with some girls!

Back
Top Bottom