I am so angry, I could scream!

Quote:
I think thats your first mistake. It seems the more information you put on there, the more likely someone evil person will just have to try to slam dunk the box. I only put Fragile on the box, and so far (knock wood), they've all arrived in good shape, with, I think, only a couple cracked the entire year.

I suppose so...
sad.png
Meh, jerk. I hope no one that evil would do that...
sad.png
People aren't that evil are they???

I agree with Halo..last Spring the boxes of eggs I received that had nothing written outside arrived in much better shape than the ones with Fragile:Hatching Eggs!...I just received my first set for this year today and they seem to be fine..have several more due this week..am going to keep a record just to see how it comes out this year.

I just received 6 eggs from cjexotic. They were packaged very well and arrived in good shape. The box had pictures of chicks on the outside with 'fragile', 'hatching eggs'' etc.
Although mine made it with no signs of damage, someone's didn't fare so well. I guess whatever bin the 'fragile' eggs, etc, go into at the post offices, don't get really gentle handling because there was dried egg yolk on my box, though my eggs were fine. When you do receive an undamaged box of eggs just thank the good lord. Because it's not from the lack of trying !!! on the postal services part during shipping!!!!

I was looking to see what the date was of your post...Boy I have heard so many horror stories of shipments anywhere near the holidays. they get more than rough with eggs and many delays .

Quote:
Yep, you're probably right. Guess it's another "going postal" thing. So mean!! The box above was sent within my state, so that may also be the reason they weren't broken.

I have mine come from a long way. Maybe 20% of the time the box is visibly damaged. I got one box that was handled very well that had a speech about living things and a really cute chick picture on EVERY side. It depends on who gets their hands on that box. I try to get them sent me from as close as possible but I have chicks from Tennessee and Texas! Just luck I think, but the Postmaster claims that it is inadvisable to put fragile on ANYTHING... but maybe he is a little paranoid. Does work for the USPS though. It helps I think too, if you can pick them up AT the Post Office. My mail comes there anyway and he calls if there are eggs. I don't have any option if I want to try eggs this time of year and certain hard to get breeds.
wink.png

I just saw a thing on the news a while back ago, where they had video of the boxes "behind the scenes". It nearly scared me into not shipping eggs again. It's all ramps, and drops, and all of it is done on a conveyer/slide system. Not pretty. Put off my hopes of shipping chicks... at least for now. Unfortunately, they know you will be shipping again...so they got you. You want to sell eggs, you got to get them to your customers. What are ya' gonna do?

I am curious if any of you have priced shipping through UPS or FedEx or some other shipping method? My PO is usually very nice but once in a while they get grouchy if I am shipping or receiving a bunch of eggs. I don't think my PO is rough on boxes but their customer service drops if I pick up or ship more than 4-5 boxes of eggs in a week. Is there another method that is priced the same? I have wondered if I could put insurance on the box and get payment if they break the eggs inside.

Anyone know if there are other options besides USPS?

Back
Top Bottom