I am so danged tired of getting bullied by my sis!!! (rant)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tanichca, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    So, big sis (with the eating disorder) has been home for about a week. Up until last night, she has been pretty nice. But last night, she needed an ipod charging cable, and mine had been taken by a little brother, so I decided to be nice and I told her where my dad's cable was. A little later, Dad asked me if I knew where his charger cable was, and I said "I don't know, Zoe probably has it." My mistake, because she didnt. She had, in fact, found mine and used it. So, she came up, and started yelling at me because Dad had asked her if she took his cable, and then (as usual) her rant ended with her calling me a b***h, kicking me, cussing me out some more, and then leaving.
    To my credit, I didn't yell back this time, I closed my eyes and bit my tongue, but I am getting so sick of how she treats me! This has been going on for YEARS!!! I was just trying to help her, and now I'm the bad guy again.

I guess you can't make someone love you if they are determined to hate you, aye? [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'm sure you've already figured out that your sister treats you this way because of her own self-esteem issues. I know that doesn't make it hurt any less while it's happening, though.

[​IMG] I'm really sorry.

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I used to be mean to my sisters. It wasn't as bad as your situation but I can tell you that when she grows up, she's going to feel bad when she grows up. I'm so sorry this is happening to you [​IMG]
    I'm sure she has her problems that are leading to this, but it still sucks.

Do not bypass the censors

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    How lame of her.It is not like you got her in trouble,and yet she hit and cursed you. Sounds like sis has some issues that need working on.Hope you can avoid her and get away asap.It is a shame when siblings do not get along,but it is not the end of the world to live without them being active in your life.

No matter what you say she will not be ready to hear it,and will probably react in anger.She might regret her actions in years to come,but not everyone does.She could go through life being just as she is now. Very mature of you to not engage her.It would just worsen things.

If she continues to hit you,and your parents do nothing about it talk to someone outside the family to see what can be done.Your sister may require anger management treatment.Parents should push it. I would contact someone if a sibling was repeatidly hurting me,but in many cases they just blow off sibling abuse unless it results in serious injury.

Best wishes for you and her!

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    And where were your parents? I always hear when one of my kids does that garbage which is why it hasn't happened in a long time. She's probably hormonal and witchy which is no justification for her actions. You need to tell your Dad what happened so he can go give her a talk. She's back home and they need to tell her that the house was peaceful while she was gone, that now it is a privilege that she lives there not a right, and treating you or others in that way is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. She'll probably say something like "then I'll just leave". And the appropriate response should be "that is no longer considered a threat. You're and adult. You've been on your own before and you can be again".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by