i am so frustrated!

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
we've been looking for some milking goat doelings for about 3 months now seriously and casually for about a year and NO ONE wants to sell doelings, only bucks! i really want a quality doeling from a breeder but every one i've found will not sell doelings for any price and its impossible to find bottle babies! this is driving me nuts now, i just want some darn goats!

Quote:
Did you try other states?
Jst a suggestion, I am no goats expert or what so ever, but I just tought about that.

I see you're in Ontario. I don't know about the transportation in Ca, but we found it was sometimes cheaper to fly in kids from other states than to try and drive to pick them all up. Not as bad as you would expect - usually around $200 for up to 2 kids and that's not a lot if you are planning to buy a quality milker as they aren't cheap anyway.

i'm in the same boat with you but i'm just trying to find one that is just a decent milker and the ones that dont have papers are just as expensive around here as the ones who do!!! its crazy they are always gone by the time i get to show my hubby and call. *Sigh* i'm sure there are those just right goat out there waiting for us and the right time.

Quote:
Did you try other states?
Jst a suggestion, I am no goats expert or what so ever, but I just tought about that.

We're in Ontario, Canada and the shipping would be far too much. Its already something like 300 for one crate with a puppy in it to come from Sask to Ontario.. imagine how much a goat would cost! more than the goat i would assume!

Quote:
Just to ship a crate of puppies (2 per crate) two provinces over is a hassle and a half plus around $300.00... we're willing to drive pretty much anywhere in Ontario also... it seems there are more for sale west and east of here, but again no one wants to sell anything but bucks.

Back
Top Bottom