I am so totally bummed right now... :(

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I ordered Texas A&M white cortunix quail eggs a week or so ago. I have had them in the bator since the 4th, but I just couldn't wait any longer to try and candle them. Out of 17, I have 6 left. All the others were scrambled. I couldn't see anything when I first got them, but have since gotten a better light. Out of the 6 left, 4 have definite veins, one looks intact, but doesn't seem to be developing, and the other I still can't tell anything.
sad.png
I am so bummed out right now! I hope some of those left hatch for me...
sad.png

Last edited:
I feel for you. There are butrons and Corurnix in my bator now on say 16. Nothing yet.
I cracked a cortunix and it's alive.

Be patient.

I have buttons as well. I tried to candle those as well, but gave up after a few. They are just entirely too dark. I did see one that looked darker in parts than the rest of it, but idk, never done quail before.. Thanks PC

I know it's so disappointing. I ordered 300 eggs this summer and they were packaged really well but still had lots of broken ones and about 1/4 hatched.

jackie

These seemed like they did pretty good. I only had 1 that was broke when I got them, but it looked like it had been for a while, like maybe it was cracked when they packed it? Silly me didn't know how dry and thick the membrane of quail eggs are. They must have done a number on them...

You should read my post I just entered in the 'raising baby chicks' forum...
hit.gif
I should just give up...I don't know what I'm doing...I don't need all this drama...
hit.gif

Quote:
Don't Give up! I went through a rough spell and just had a 100% hatch. I lowered my humidity through incubation and hatching and they did great.

Back
Top Bottom