I am sooooo sad had to cull

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chick4chicks, Nov 7, 2008.

1. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG]:thun:mad: One of my Rhode Island Reds... Rochelle was attacked by a predator and was in such bad shape there was no saving her. I tried. She was in distress so I did the deed. It is so hard. Can's stop crying. R.I.P. Rochelle. Love ya. [​IMG]:hit:hit

2. peeboo

peeboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    i'm so sorry you had to do that, but find comfort in the fact that you did the right thing.

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I feel your pain.

It's a hard thing to do.

My husband would rather spend the money and have the vet do it. He gets upset at the thought of us doing it!

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I am sooo sorry, that is awful, but you did the right thing and she is not suffering. I am sure she had a great life with you!! I hope you feel better!!! Chrissie

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    [​IMG] Sorry.

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Nothing worse about owning a pet then making this decision. To have to actually do it is even worse. I am so sorry.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] You're right. It is so hard to cull them. I had to cull 9, twelve-week olds back in July due to Coryza and it was horrible. I really do feel for you and am so sorry for you loss. Lots and lots of cyber hugs are coming your direction. [​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm so sorry. It's part of being a responsible chicken owner at times, it's hard but has to be done. We know how you are feeling.

9. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Oh, I am so sorry. I know how hard it must have been. You did the humane thing....

Anne

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by