I am surrounded by broodies - help, advice? I am over my head.

Well that's a good one, but I was more thinking the human illness of sticking everything you can under broodys and trying to hatch all. Then ending up with an exponential number of chicks. Montana, I think you're broody too!! :clap
For me they go together at the moment even though it will be a logistical nightmare if this 3rd one goes broody and particularly if all 7 eggs due on Wednesday hatch :lau Part of me is 'eek' and the other part is 'how exciting what eggs can I buy to put under her' :lau:ya:ya:jumpy

I wish I had kept better track of the dates. I feel like some should be close...next time I will pencil the set date on each egg. Ha! Did you hear that? I just said “next time”...proving that I am an addict alright. It IS exciting seeing them all sitting there, making tiny lives happen. Of the bunch, I think the little call duck has the best shot. She never wanders off or forgets which nest is hers like the other dummy hens. I would be thrilled if 1 or 2 of her 4 eggs made it to hatching. As for the others I already have buyers lined up so at least that part is good.

Look what I found waiting for me when I went to do nightly rounds!!! She has 2 more eggs under her...one of those hatched is an ultra dark marans - I'm tickled pink because I have not had much luck hatching those in the incubator

Attachments

• Resized_20180527_195300001.jpg
    Resized_20180527_195300001.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom