I am wealthy

Great pics! I would say you are a wealthy man indeed.
smile.png

You are indeed blessed. Im not sure wealthy is the right word, I cant think what would be, but I sure know what you mean. Is that your farm in the background?

Just beautiful children, and beautiful photography. Your cup runneth over!

Not trying to preach to ya'll, but just sharing what a recent message in our Church was about..... we/us Americans are in the top 98% of the Worlds income with our average U.S. income earnings. We often take too many things for granted (2 cars, 3 TVS, 1000square feet per person dwellings!, so much food that we throw out leftovers and pack extra pounds on our body just to cram more in, etc etc etc... all stuff that I have been guilty over). Yet, we often are caught in the poor-mouth syndrome wishing we made more money (this has been me recently). I want more for my family, and this is indeed natural. But at the same time, I realize that Wealth is not just a measure of dollars, nor is it easy for us Americans to determine our true Wealth!

Then enters chickens....

Some of my goals with raising chickens revolve around:
-teaching my children how to be good Stewards of God's creation
-doing more with less
-feeding my family from my backyard (I am a huge gardener as well and backyard chickens have a symbiotic relationship with gardening!)
-and sharing my harvest with less fortunate (if not meat, I still donate 10% of my chicken earnings to a church or food pantry).

When we realize how fortunate we are (as Americans, and as people in general), while putting value on the important things, that is when we truly realize how WEALTHY we are.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope, that is our neighbors farm.. just made a great backdrop. I live in 'corn' country here in central Indiana (corn on ALL sides and a huge silo/mill across the street).

Ms.FuzzyButts :

Yes, thank you! I know realize I am not only wealthy but loaded.. 1 happy hubby and a whole slew of fat, happy chickens, ducks, dogs and cats. Beautiful children you have there. I love the look and stance of your daughter in that first pic. Looks like she is giving you the stink eye!!!
lol.png

She so often DOES give me the 'stink-eye'!! She is a fireball, but also a hard worker and very determined.​

Quote:
This is all absolutely true, and I wish everyone would read it and understand it. Perhaps in these times, people are realizing these truths.

I love Indiana corn country. Some of the most beautiful farmland there is.

Quote:
This is all absolutely true, and I wish everyone would read it and understand it. Perhaps in these times, people are realizing these truths.

I love Indiana corn country. Some of the most beautiful farmland there is.

Amen! Amen! Amen! I, too, am so very, very blessed!

Beautiful pictures! I love the little chick trying out its wings while perched on your son's leg!
I feel wealthy, too. I've often thought that if I am not thinking about what other people have, or trying to keep up with whomever, I am really very happy where I am. I would like more land, so that I could have a little pond and some ducks (or maybe I'll just make it work here?), but otherwise I have everything I need, and I am grateful.

Back
Top Bottom