I beat the HOA

my understanding is, I am grandfathered in since they did not complain about my doves that were on my property for over 2 years, the rule actually still stands

I am grandfathered in because no one complained about my doves for over 2 years. my understanding is the rule still stands and only i can have hens.

I won because i am grandfathered in. the rule actually still stands. I am the only one in the neighborhood who can have chickens. point is, fight it because they are too lazy to show up in actual court. Plus the judge really liked me!

Point is to everyone, the rule still stands, but the HOA was too lazy to show up and fight it (mind you I work and most of them are old retired biddies with nothing to do). I am grandfathered in and the only one allowed to have chickens. Yes, i was lucky because it could have cost a load of $ if I had lost. I am crazy and will make a point. Luckily, I won. Point is, i would guess most HOA officers are too lazy to show up in court.

my lawyer actually screwed up by saying in his opening argument "yes, the Romeo's have chickens". The judge immediately asked where the plaintiff's witnesses were and when he replied they didn't show up, he told my attorney, i guess there would have been no proof the Romeo's had chickens, but since you said they did and there are no witnesses on the opposing side, i guess it's your day in court!

again the point is, i dont know if i would have won if it weren't for the fact no one testified against me or for the fact i had a sweetheart for a judge. All i know is i'm happy as can be.

Back
Top Bottom