I bought 4 blue cochins and...2 something elses

Just found out my white chick isn't white at all, she's buff of buff barred.

Attachments

• Polish_20210729_173031936.jpg
    Polish_20210729_173031936.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
So now we know that Jenny is a Brahma, I have another question if anyone can help me. I did some research of Cochins and realized that my Blues are younger than I thought, but what about Jenny? How old do you think she is? She acts sort of like a cockerel, but I'm still unsure. If she is a he, his name will be Jesse James. I read a thread here where someone said that there is a sort of "cheet sheet", which I know cannot be correct for all birds due to feathering rates of breeds and genders. It said week 1 - wing feathers, week 2 - tail feathers, week 3 - back feathers, week 4 - breast feathers, week 5 - head feathers. Jenny/Jesse has wing feathers, a few tail feathers, and a few feathers on her back and breast...

Attachments

• Polish_20210801_095258321.jpg
    Polish_20210801_095258321.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
So now we know that Jenny is a Brahma, I have another question if anyone can help me. I did some research of Cochins and realized that my Blues are younger than I thought, but what about Jenny? How old do you think she is? She acts sort of like a cockerel, but I'm still unsure. If she is a he, his name will be Jesse James. I read a thread here where someone said that there is a sort of "cheet sheet", which I know cannot be correct for all birds due to feathering rates of breeds and genders. It said week 1 - wing feathers, week 2 - tail feathers, week 3 - back feathers, week 4 - breast feathers, week 5 - head feathers. Jenny/Jesse has wing feathers, a few tail feathers, and a few feathers on her back and breast...
I'd say around 3 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom