I bought my chickens at tractor supply and cant determine the sex or breed

Yes! The lighter grey are the Orpingtons, darker grey the Marans, light brown the Faverolles, and white the Cochin Bantam :)
Thank you so much I really hope to get one day as good as you in identifying my chickens. It was very interesting right now doing research. Quick question am I going to have to get rid of one of my roosters? Or can they live together in harmony.

I'm thinking of ordering from a hatchery next year instead of tractor supply since I didn't know they give you whatever and sometimes you can end up with all roosters I'm glad from the 6 I have 2. Now with more research I know I want egg laying chickens 🐔
There are some breeds that are easy to sex because of color at hatching. The two breeds I have that are easy to tell are ISA browns and Welsummers.

And those breeds are carried by tractor supply and if so how do you tell the sea from chicks?
I bought my ISA browns through tractor supply, online. Choice of sex when ordering them.
Unfortunately, 6 of the 10 did not make the trip, but I was reimbursed. The Welsummers I purchased at our local Wilco. The girls have a defined dark brown triangle on the top of their heads. I called and asked what breeds of chicks they had, and researched them before going to get them. Sex link chicks may also be easy to tell, but I don't have any experience with these. I also just purchased 5 pullets from a local breeder at point of lay.

I'm thinking of ordering from a hatchery next year instead of tractor supply since I didn't know they give you whatever and sometimes you can end up with all roosters I'm glad from the 6 I have 2. Now with more research I know I want egg laying chickens 🐔
Check around and look at the shipping rates...we ended up ordering 5 "extras" because ordering 10 chicks had a $50 shipping charge, but ordering 15 had a $15 shipping charge!Mine are only 3 weeks, but so far, I think I managed to get 14 pullets (1 was DOA), so very happy about that. My first go around with chickens, I ordered through my local feed store (which really limited my choices), but I was only allowed 3 chickens at the time. Local laws changed and I am now able to have more hens.

Back
Top Bottom