I BROKE DOWN...and they are COMING

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I finally got my hands on some "EVIL" silkie eggs...I have 6+ coming from Windchyme Silkies...[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Does anyone else raise SQ Cuckoo Silkies? I think I may need another batch to go with these, LOL

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Try Jenlynn (Sassy silkies) in PA. I'm pretty sure she has some nice cuckoos.

4. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Quote:I met Paula at the 2008 Stockton Poultry show - I recently lost the truly evil Snowball -a white silkie rooster she gave me then- to a Water Tub accident [​IMG]

She had an adorable Cuckoo Silkie on a leash at the time, what a doll! Hope you have a successful hatch! She has some pretty birds! (I was only seeking pet quality at the time)

Tina/tfpets

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'll check her out, thank you!

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I met Paula at the 2008 Stockton Poultry show - I recently lost the truly evil Snowball -a white silkie rooster she gave me then- to a Water Tub accident [​IMG]

She had an adorable Cuckoo Silkie on a leash at the time, what a doll! Hope you have a successful hatch! She has some pretty birds! (I was only seeking pet quality at the time)

Tina/tfpets

[​IMG] a silkie on a leash?? LOL

7. Rare Feathers Farm

My hubby is mad! 'Cause I'm getting another breed! LOL Which means another pen / coop! LOL

BTW, I am selling or have sold:

light brahmas
    bantam sultans
    standard salmon faverolles
    porcelain d'uccles

To make room for:
    mille cochins
    bantam orloffs
    silkies (I know they are not rare but I couldn't resist!)
    white faced white spanish

So really, I'm not gaining any new breeds. I'm just switching some things around.

8. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

And if I could get to your house, I would get your Salmon Favorelles and the Sultans! Why do you have to live so far away?????
    Tina

9. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Where are you located by? I am in Hoquiam WA on the coast...I could use some more [​IMG]

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Well, my sultans are all gone...sold them all. My bantam favs are not fertile...so I need to hatch some more (from another bloodline) to add to my flock...although I'm also working with someone on white bantam favs...so we'll see...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by