" I call Middle"

jmtcmkb

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
New Hampshire
Just wanted to share... my 5 chicks are out in the coop for over a weeks time, learning to roost ( 6 weeks). I have a night light on them, mainly to encourage roosting but also observing like a mother.....tonight I watched as they positioned and settled for the night. The highest roost is where they choose to settle, for some reason no one wants to be on the end, the side near the wall is ok, but not on the outer edge.... it was interesting to watch them position themselves and settle... If I had not noticed all would be well, but watching is fun and I learn a lot in the process.

Mine are almost 5 weeks and have been in the coop almost a week. They still sleep in the bedding. I often find one on a branch we have in the coop that sits on the floor. They are starting to get on the ladder to get to the roost--but no roost yet. In time I suppose.....

Quote:
It really helped to put in a night light. Mine slept huddled on the floor, but once I put a LED night light shining in the coop near the roosts, that is where they gravitated to.

Back
Top Bottom