I can’t be the only one....

My pekin is the same way! She even grabbed ahold of my tongue once and YANKED it! 🫣🤪
That sounds incredibly painful!
When she was younger, Dougie would just clamp onto my skin! Not to mention her scratchy little feet! She's a *little* more polite now

I think we should start a support thread for abused duck keepers!

That sounds incredibly painful!
When she was younger, Dougie would just clamp onto my skin! Not to mention her scratchy little feet! She's a *little* more polite now

I think we should start a support thread for abused duck keepers!
Munchkin, my pekin has also been one to bite when she’s mad! My arms were once covered in blood blisters since she clamps down and TWISTS the skin! To be fair I don’t exactly blame her since she dealt with bumblefoot for a very very long time and I was constantly handling her and taking her away from her drake and taking her to the vet and having to leave her etc. She was also the duckling that no one ever wanted cuz she was feisty so I scooped her up.

Attachments

• 8A1A1FC1-67A4-419B-A41E-420CEC5C779D.jpeg
    8A1A1FC1-67A4-419B-A41E-420CEC5C779D.jpeg
    808.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2A73C90A-4B85-425C-A8D2-1D66FF56CDD3.jpeg
    2A73C90A-4B85-425C-A8D2-1D66FF56CDD3.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 1
Munchkin, my pekin has also been one to bite when she’s mad! My arms were once covered in blood blisters since she clamps down and TWISTS the skin! To be fair I don’t exactly blame her since she dealt with bumblefoot for a very very long time and I was constantly handling her and taking her away from her drake and taking her to the vet and having to leave her etc. She was also the duckling that no one ever wanted cuz she was feisty so I scooped her up.
Ouch! Poor you! And poor her! I love that name by the way!
I'm quite glad Sprightly never bites, though as a baby she was VERY bitey
Biting and twisting the skin a bit like you said but not as bad, she was so mouthy!
It took a while to train her out of it because boy it hurt!
Now it's just Dougie who lacks manners! Lol

🤣🤣🤣 How does that even happen??
I was holding her in between my legs in a foot soak during the battle of bumblefoot and she was facing me while I sat on the floor and I was talking to her. She was watching me intently so I wiggled my tongue and “SNATCH” it was quicker quicker than a snake strike 😂 I’ll admit it was mostly my fault 🤦‍♀️ 🤣

Back
Top Bottom