I can see already...I am doomed!

savedbyhisblood

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 13, 2008
We are first time chick owners over these past couple of weeks. I love the advice I have gotten here just by browsing the forums and have gotten many ideas for the hen house we are building.

So in late April I ordered our first ever batch of chicks. 20 in 4 different breeds-a varied and colorful flock was what we wanted. Two days before the chicks were supposed to arrive a friend from church offered me Aracuana chicks he had hatched. e stopped by his home and picked up two puffy cheeked cuties, excited since the hatchery had been unable to take our order for that breed. Our original order was delayed by a week and 9 days later 21 healthy chicks arrived. We were up to 23.

Well, last night I was at the feed store. I bet you can guess what happened. I came home with 5 more chicks. I held myself back to 5 though aren't you proud? I really wanted about 8.

So, we are at 28 now-
2 Ameraucana
5 Barred Rock
6 Silver Laced Wyandotte
5 Buff Orpington
5 Red Sex Linked
1 California White
1 Black Australorp
1 Red Cross
1 Really cute little light gray fluffball of unknown breed
1 Really cute reddish/brown striped fuzzball

The last two I will need to post pics of in the breed forum and see what everyone thinks.

Se...seriously, how do you hold yourself back...

never ever hold yourself back! You only live once , get everything you want!!!! go back get more......................lol

Congrats on your new babies and best of luck. They should come with a warning label telling you how addicting this is. LOL
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:weee:ya

Back
Top Bottom