I can tell it's Spring

Rusty Hills Farm

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Up at the barn
....as long as I don't look outside at the rain!

But I've got eggs in the 'bator and seeds under lights. I'm working on a schedule to get all the pastures fertilized and seeded this week (already limed 2 weeks back), so this means it's spring for sure, right?

If things ever dry off, I need to paint EVERYTHING! Had sooo much rain this year that the paint is flaking off everywhere--and I even used the good stuff. Behr IS the good stuff, isn't it? For the price of it, it had better be!

So how are your spring plans going? Ahead? Behind already? New stuff?

Rusty

My email signature is "Spring is around the corner" and has been for a few weeks. A couple of weeks ago I declared PRE-SPRING had begun and I'm still hanging in on that!!!

I've switched my breeding pens from the winter setups, now have changed my mind about that so am switching again.

I have to start seeds THIS weekend, gotta head off to the store for some seed starting soil in a few.

The dogwoods are blooming, the daffodils are blooming.. I say I don't care that it's only 43F outside, it's still PRE-SPRING!

Have to till the gardens still.. probably next week.. so I'm a little behind and yet a little early on somethings! I've got all my seeds
smile.png
but my sweet potatoes are on backorder
sad.png

Paint? I prefer stain, so much easier, lasts so much longer, doesn't look bad before it needs to be re-done.

Paint? I prefer stain, so much easier, lasts so much longer, doesn't look bad before it needs to be re-done.

That it does. I wish somebody made a white stain, although it is probably too late for that since there is already paint on the wood. LOL I actually believed the can when it said there was a 10-year guarantee. Next they'll be selling me bridges.
wink.png

Rusty​

up here, so long as the willows are day-glo yellow theres no hope for the snow any longer. This was the fastest winter ever I think... The saps already running!

I have to agree... if it can be stained, stain it.. even better is sealing it with thompsons... lol. We have to paint the barn this year... and the house. Just as soon as it warms up!

yay spring!

I feel right on schedule right now. We started 144 seeds yeasterday and I have more to do today or tomorrow.
I've almost got my spring cleaning done indoors.
I've got meat chicks in the brooder and layer eggs in the bator, another chick order coming later this month.
I've been making maple syrup and jams.

big_smile.png

Here in Michigan one sign it is close to being Spring is when you spot your first robin, but that is not very reliable as the robins have been here and it has snowed on several ocassions in the past.

Back
Top Bottom