1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I cant beleive I just realized this...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by quadcam79, Jun 3, 2008.

1. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    I was sitting outside the other day looking at the chickens out in the run trying to figure out which were the roo's. For some reason it just dawned on me that about 7 of my chickens werent the same breed as the others. I ordered a small amount of baby chicks months ago, some BO's, BR's, silkie and crevacour.

I remember someone commenting on the babies and saying nice RIR's, I said "I dont have any RIR's, those are BO's"
    [​IMG] now I feel stupid, I just realized that the 7 dark roo lookin birds are actually RIR's they are the roo's that Ideal added to my order. I even came inside and looked up RIR rooster on google and sure enough thats what they are

looks like it's about time to get rid of the roos, they actually havent started crowing yet but it cant be long now, plus they eat nonstop and the food is costing a small fortune.

2. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    I just had to write and say that is pretty funny. [​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is funny ... isn't it interesting how something can be right in front of us but we don't see it?

Hope you can find good homes for those Roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by