I can't believe it! My Norwegian Jaerhons have started laying!

Hi Celtic moon, I have questions about my jaerhon, I purchased 5 from an auction only cuz I didn't have any chickens that
Looked like them. I didnt realize that they were so rare. They seem to be growing slowly, how big do they get? Mine can go inside and outside when they please and seem to be quite friendly and curious. They are a quick, agile bird and I love the soft noises they make. They do get good feed, cracked corn, fruits, vegetables, and some table scraps. I purchased some SLW and Astrolops at the same time and they have doubled in size but the NTH are still quite small. I also give them extra protein and electrolytes.
Thanks for any info. Crazy Feathers...

I purchased some jaerhon pullets back in October. This was the first time I have ever bought anything from an auction and have since learned many things mainly checking each chickens condition. My girls where missing tails and their backs were pecked clean,
But now they are in much better condition.

They still are small in size but according to what I have read they are not large birds.
My Jaerhons are sweet and love to fly. I can't wait until I find an egg. They get along with all of my other breed of chickens but do tend to stick together for the most part. I am pretty certain I have 5 hens as no crowing yet. Will keep u updated on their progress.

I purchased some jaerhon pullets back in October. This was the first time I have ever bought anything from an auction and have since learned many things mainly checking each chickens condition. My girls where missing tails and their backs were pecked clean,
But now they are in much better condition.

They still are small in size but according to what I have read they are not large birds.
My Jaerhons are sweet and love to fly. I can't wait until I find an egg. They get along with all of my other breed of chickens but do tend to stick together for the most part. I am pretty certain I have 5 hens as no crowing yet. Will keep u updated on their progress.

Jaers are small. They should be about half the size of most large fowl. Norwegian Jaerhons are autosexing that means you can tell their sex the day they hatch and everyday after that. No need to wait for crowing. The Jaers in the pictures are pullets. I think you will like them. They are great little chickens and wonderful layers of medium to large eggs.

Back
Top Bottom