I cant catch them?!?

rainglow3

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Anyone have any ideas, or knowledge of how to catch that stubborn chicken that wont make their way back to the coop on its own at dusk? Is there a such thing as a "chicken net"?

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Is she/he accessible at night? Chickens are quiet and defenseless in the dark so if you sneak out to wherever she/he is then you can probably catch her/him. Otherwise, does she/he like treats? Treats are good ways of getting chickens to come to you.

You can probably use like a butterfly or fish net as long as it is big enough and won't harm him/her.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I don't think there are chicken nets but, a fishing net will work just as well. If she doesn't get herself into the coop at night, she will end up being a snack for some predator. But, try and tell a stubborn chicken that.
lau.gif
Sometimes locking the birds in the coop for a few days- reinforces the coop is HOME, in their birdy minds. After wards they will head for the coop at dusk.

Try getting some dried meal worms. My birds really go for those. Throw a few down and let him taste them, then just lead him in, throwing a few every ten feet or so.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The other members have given you some good suggestions on how to catch your wayward chicken, so I'll just say, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

The above posters have given some excellent advice already!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom