I can't figure this one out.

firetrie

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Niles, MI
I got a chick with my order from Mc Murray and I don't have a clue what it is.
pr1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
after some research into Partridge rocks I am proud to say YEP thats the chick in my cage!!

Thanks for the help.

After watching and waiting for a while I am still debating the breed of this chicken. I haven't decided yet. It could be an EE but there are subtle differences and there is another breed of partridge rock that has green legs... If you don't believe me look it up. The name is Zielononozka Kuropatwiana a.k.a. Green Legged Partridge.
ee4.jpg
Mine.
PolGreenlegH.JPEG
the one at feather site.
Here is a link to the info and pictures....
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/PartridgeFowl/BRKPartrGrLeg.html

But mine has a dark beak and has yet to grow a comb so I'll jsut have to wait.. maybe he's a mutt.....

I'm going with EE. Yours looks like she has a beard. That's definitely an EE trait, not a Partridge Rock. Maybe you'll get some green eggs..
smile.png

and there is another breed of partridge rock that has green legs... If you don't believe me look it up. The name is Zielononozka Kuropatwiana a.k.a. Green Legged Partridge.

That is another breed with green legs, but not another ROCK breed. Your chicken is an EE,lol. I have one the same color as her and she lays beautiful blue eggs. You arent sure because EE's come in any color and dont always have beards. They are confusing mutts.​

Back
Top Bottom