I can't see any spider webs when I candle my eggs. please help

Cheecky B

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
all I see is a large black dot. I am at day 8. I am not sure if my egg is developing, the temperature has once gone over 105 and I have a big hole in my homemade incubator release some of the hot air... should I give up on incubating or not?

I would give it a little while longer, I wait until day 10 to candle, by then I can see a few veins and I can actually see the chick moving around in the egg so I can tell it is alive. Veins can be hard to see in colored eggs that is why I quit candling until day 10 when there is actual decent development you can see.

Thank you for replying. I used my cellphones flashlight and its quite bright. Maybe I should use a brighter light in the future (day 10)

Thank you for replying. I used my cellphones flashlight and its quite bright. Maybe I should use a brighter light in the future (day 10)

I have used a cellphone flash before to buy I don't like to. I till haven't found a great candling light but u have been using a 1 million candlepower rechargeable spotlight with a cardboard cone I made for it. That works good but is clumsy. I'd like to get a small high lumen light to try like some of the self defense tactical flashlight

Hi its day 10 and I still don't see any veins. All I see is a big round black shadow which I think is probably the yoke!!! Do u think I should get rid of it? My second egg I can actually see veins and the heart!

Hi its day 10 and I still don't see any veins. All I see is a big round black shadow which I think is probably the yoke!!! Do u think I should get rid of it? My second egg I can actually see veins and the heart!
Your fertile eggs should all have veins and visible embryos by now. I would discard any without veins by day 10. However I have only ever incubated white eggs or cream coloured eggs so the veins have always been easy to see. That big shadow you mentioned is the yolk. What colour are your eggs? How many are you setting and of those, how many have visible veining?

My eggs are cream colored, I only set in 2 eggs cause one broke, I can only see one visible egg. The reason for incubation this low amount of eggs is because I'm a first timer thus first experimenting

My eggs are cream colored, I only set in 2 eggs cause one broke, I can only see one visible egg. The reason for incubation this low amount of eggs is because I'm a first timer thus first experimenting
In hindsight it would have been better to set a decent sized batch then you would have had more chances of several chicks hatching. As things stand, if that one egg makes it all the way through to hatch, you will have one lonely chick on it's own.

Thank you very much for you're reply. I will put more eggs in the bator!!! I still have one question if its fine with u. This morning the temperature was quite low in the bator and I moved the eggs nearer to light. When I got out of university 2 hours later, the temperature went above 105. I'm not sure how long it stayed like that probably less then an hour. I immediately moved the eggs back, so the temperature settled to 101. I am at day 4 with the egg that I am able to see the spider webs but when I came out of university I noticed that the spider webs are still there but it moved a bit near to the airsac and the egg is a bit darker inside and I am not able to see quite properly in there. Could I have maybe damaged the embro?

Back
Top Bottom