"YAY she DID it!!"
"Lookie... our first eggs"
"First egg was made of gold"
"Pretty first egg had diamonds in it"
:thun

All of you first eggers:
smack.gif
!!

STOP STOP STOP! I can't handle it anymore! My girls haven't started yet. It's killing me!!

--------------
update: Someone has been in the nesting boxes today. I suspect my RIR... could it be far?

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, all of our buff orp hens have relocated their hidden nest, since I found it (in the doghouse in the turkey pen) a week ago. All we're getting now is a handful of EE eggs each day, and we have looked EVERYWHERE for the BO's new "hideaway," to no avail!
he.gif

I feel your pain. We refuse to buy eggs at the store, so we get stuck waiting for them to lay their darned eggs. We waited all week to get 6 - 2 for my nephews and 4 for us - just me and my fiance. The kids are SOL.

WE have 18 hens and got a record five yesterday.... AND NONE today.

At least half of the hens haven't started laying yet and they are 23 weeks old today.

Oh well, as they say, patience is a virtue.

I know it'll happen but it's soooo hard to wait!

I was one of those kids who opened Christmas presents early. Patience has been a hard-earned virtue for me to learn. I basically ignore something until it happens - that's patience for me! It's really REALLY hard to ignore chickens!!

Our neighbors are out of town this weekend and we're chick-sitting. Their older chooks are laying, so I'll get the pleasure (I think) of their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom