1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

I could just pee my pants

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crayon, Apr 8, 2012.

1. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    I have a girl going broody... She has not moved from the nesting box all day and I check an hour ago and she is still just sitting there.

Their coop is lighted all night- should I change that? I just don't want the other ones bugging her. She seems just fine tho.

Ohhhhh......... I hope she doesn't get up! :)

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    First, don't pee your pants. It's messy. Ok just kidding. I mean no, don't pee but.. anyway...

I'd not have lights on in the coop all night in any event. I'm sure it won't bother a broody any more than any of the other ones though if that's what you're wondering. Mark her eggs so you'll know which she's sitting in case the others jump in and lay extra eggs. You won't want eggs of all ages in there, you'll want to take out any that aren't marked. But it's best to separate the broody from the rest if she indeed is broody. GIve her about three days just to be sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by